Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Sigma: 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 1.4/30mm & 50-150mm f/2.8

I have been thinking about posting my own experience on these three lenses by Sigma for some time:

There are some good reviews out there already, but the rest seems to deal with distortion when photographing graphs, chromatic aberration when shooting trees against bright sky or finding "a good copy" of the lens through shooting a brick wall - retuning the lens to the shop - shooting a brick wall... Not the kind of stuff that I like to do. Other thing that bugs me is that most of these reviews are written by people who only just got the lens, tested it over a weekend and did a write-up. Do their opinions still hold months after using the lens in real life? Who knows? Did they have to please the shop/importer of the gear? Not me - I paid for all my equipment.

Over the next three days I will post some real-life experience with the above three babies. I don't have a lab, charts or methodology. I have months/weeks spent taking pictures with the above three instead.

No comments: