Thursday, January 17, 2008

Brighton Beach Grin

I have been neglecting this place for a while, because I have been extremely busy at work. I have been working on a "knowledge sharing solution" for my consultants. It seems to be coming to a conclusion at last.

This is a shot I took last weekend on Brighton beach near the West Pier. It taught me about the importance of keeping my mind open and experimenting. More on that later, but let's just say that my Flickr statistics went from a few dozen a day to almost three hundred a day after I posted this one:

brighton pier 03

P.S. Just to make it 100% clear: no photoshop, no combining of two exposures - just a bit of a long exposure combined with me jumping around with a handheld SB-26. I love this off-camera flash malarkey. Like David Hobby says: Less Gear - More light - Better pictures.

No comments: